Interesting Facts About Life 100 Years Ago
January 3, 2017
JUST FOR FUN - ONE HUNDRED YEARS AGO ...
- The average life expectancy for men was 47 years
- Fuel for cars was only sold in drug stores
- Only 14 percent of the homes had a bathtub
- Only 8 percent of the homes had a telephone
- The maximum speed limit in most cities was 10 mph
- The five leading causes of death were Pneumonia, Influenza, Tuberculosis, Diarrhea, Heart Attack and Stroke
- 2 out of every 10 adults could not read or write
- Coffee was 15 cents a pound
- Most women only washed their hair once a month. Borax or egg yolks were used for shampoo
- Sugar cost 4 cents a pound
The Saskatchewan REALTORS® Association (SRA) IDX Reciprocity listings are displayed in
accordance with SRA's MLS® Data Access Agreement and are copyright of the Saskatchewan REALTORS® Association (SRA).
The above information is from sources deemed reliable but should not be relied upon without independent verification.
The information presented here is for general interest only, no guarantees apply.
Trademarks are owned and controlled by the Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA).
Used under license.
MLS® System data of the Saskatchewan REALTORS® Association (SRA) displayed on this site is refreshed every 2 hours.